Monday, January 25, 2010

Dust Bunny Free!

My day in a nutshell:

Got out of school. Went to work. Got out of work. Went home. Found a bunch of old crap in my room.

My mom decided to clean under my brother’s bed today (which used to be my bed) and put all the shoeboxes and giant candy boxes (you know, the kind they use for fundraising) full of old junk in my room. Five boxes total. I looked through it and came to the conclusion that I hold on to the most useless things ever. Some of them include:

easy4 (1) -Easy bake oven mix. Sugar cookie and chocolate cookie!

-My high school acceptance letters

-Fish Fortune Teller

-An autobiography I wrote in third grade

-Notebooks and folders and papers from high school

-Eighth grade field trip pictures!

-Huge box of Crayolas

-Some old Wendy’s menus??

The list could go on and on. Seriously, how was I supposed to get rid of all this?

Well, I read somewhere that a good strategy for getting rid of junk is: If you haven’t used it/thought about it in the past six months, its garbage.

I’ve managed to reduce five boxes of junk to two small shoes boxes of mementos that I could not part with.

For me, that’s a mission accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. I always get distracted cleaning when I find something interesting...so it usually takes me hours...and then I don't want to get rid of half of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love finding my old stuff! It's so fun looking through it all! Nostalgia is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is great! and it was fun to look through all that stuff. It took me two hours to sort it all out!

    ReplyDelete