Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rompers?

Rompers. I don’t know how I feel about these. You might say they look like adult onesies or you might say they look like high-fashion playsuits, depending on your style.

Some of you might be asking, what is a romper? Well, thanks for sticking around this long. A romper is literally a hybrid of a dress and shorts.

After browsing some store websites, I’ve come to realize that there are two types of rompers: raggedy lookin’ rompers and stylish looking rompers.

versus

Can you tell which one belongs in which group?

In my opinion, the one on the left looks more like sleepwear than out-and-about-wear. The one on the right looks sweet and simply chic.

I still don’t know how I feel about them. Are they practical? How can anyone pull this off?

My observations led me to this conclusion: If you are lean, have long legs and have no stomach rolls or butt, then you can buy all the rompers you want. For those that do not fit the criteria, it’s okay. Not everything can fit every body type. Just move on.

I’m still torn between loving and hating this look. Guess I’m going to remain on the fence until I actually wear one. And that leaves me to my last question, directed to my (female) readers: Would you ever wear a romper?

No comments:

Post a Comment