Saturday, June 4, 2011

X-Men!

SatSpot 

In my opinion, this was overall a great movie.  Although it isn’t the most faithful of adaptations, it was entertaining, and isn’t that what movies are supposed to do?

Both the sets and costumes are neat. Kevin Bacon makes an excellent antagonist, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender are great, and I have concluded that I need more Nicholas Hoult in my life.  Magneto’s backstory was done well as it exposed a vulnerable side to his character that we didn’t get to see in the previous films.  For what it was, the story was pretty good, though I would have liked to see more development of Charles and Erik’s friendship, or at least more interaction between the two.

Like I said, it was a great movie. Not mind-asploding, but great.  And fun. Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment