Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Weekend before Spring Break

My spring break is already off to a great start. I’ll break it down for you:

I went to see “Paul” this weekend and I have to say that it lived up to my expectations.  It was your typical Seth Rogan flick (that could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you feel about Seth Rogan) and was packed with cheap laughs.  But don’t get me wrong, I’m not one to complain about cheap laughs, I actually enjoyed it.  There are several subtle allusions to other sci-fi movies I which I thought were great and suitable for the film.  So if you’re a sci-fi geek who wants to have a few laughs, go ahead and see “Paul”.

Much like the two central characters in “Paul” I too went to a comic convention of sorts this weekend.  The Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (at McCormick Place) was epic, way better than Wizard World in my opinion.  They had their fair share of guests, from artists to TV celebrities, as well a wide range of vendors. And lots of free stuff!SDC12507

No comments:

Post a Comment